Impress your guests with perfect table presentation
For most of us having guests over a lunch or dinner is a hassle as it involves getting your place to look immaculately perfect.
The first thing comes to the mind is what to cook and how to present it. Table presentation is equally important as the taste of your food. A nice table presentation with great food gets you excellent remarks. Following points may help you to get that perfect look:
1. A good quality table cover: Place a good quality table cover and make sure that it does not slip from its place. You can put table mats and runner in the center of the table. It also helps to set the mood of your royal dinner.
2. Serve the food in platters covered with lids: Winter are already around the corner and chances are your food will not get cold quickly. We recommend serving the dishes in covered platters. In addition to that, serve your dishes in sequence of starters, main course and then dessert. Allow your guests to help themselves. It will facilitate them to take the food as much or as less as they want.
3. Put the crockery in place: Make sets of the crockery for each person as per the requirement of your dishes. Keep the appropriate number of bowls, spoons, forks and knives with the plate. Give a separate plate for breads.
4. Do not forget to put napkins: Keep good quality disposable napkins in a designer napkin holder or at the side of the plate.
5. Put salt and pepper containers: Some people don't pay much attention on keeping the pair of salt and pepper bottle. But it is useful to keep it on the table.
6. Put a centrepiece: If there is enough space you can place a small flower vase or a decorative centrepiece on the table. It will add to the look and feel of the dinner/ lunch. You can keep it aside just before serving the food if the centrepiece causes problem.
The following article has been contributed by Manisha Goel, who is a freelancer. Image courtesy: Flickr user super7581