Relax Your Eyes to Improve Eyesight in A Natural Way
Many of us are spending an average of 6-7 hours in front of computer or TV, either for watching movies, playing some action packed games or doing personal or professional work. So, whatever the excuse we will give but still the fact is we end up with tired eyes, blurry vision and heaviness in the head.
We all know that we need to relax our eyes while working on the computer but we either just don't care or we just don't know how to take care of our eyes. We can learn to relax our eyes while sitting on the computer using these tips:
1. Blink your eyes every second. Blinking is the best exercise for our eyes. It relaxes them by providing moisture to the eyes. So blink as often as possible to prevent your eyes from drying out.
2. Close your eyes, roll your eyes to relax eye muscles and deep breathe for 1 minute every hour if possible.
3. Wash your eyes with cool water at least at the beginning and end of each day as part of your daily routine.
4. After every 2 minutes, relax your eyes by looking away from the computer. Just look as far away as possible for 4-5 seconds and then get back to work. This will prevent your eyes from quickly tiring out.
5. Take a 5 minute break every hour. Get up from the chair, have a cookie or a glass of water. Stretch a little. Just get away from the computer. It will not only give your eyes a refreshing break but also give your body and mind a break.
6. Keep cucumber slices in refrigerator and put them on your eyes for few minutes to release eye tension as needed.
7. Position your computer screen at least 4-8 inches lower than your straight-ahead line of vision.
8. Close your eyes every 20 minutes. Relax your eyes after every 20 minutes by closing them. Rub your palms vigorously and place them lightly on your eye lids for about 30 seconds. Do this thrice. Keep your eyes shut throughout these 2-3 minutes. This exercise will give your eyes the much needed break from the brightness of the computer and your vision will be much clearer.
9. Use an anti-glare screen on your computer. This screen protects your eyes from the radiations coming out of the computer or laptop screen.
10. Follow rule - 20-20-20=20/20. Looking 20 ft away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes of computer use for 20/20 vision.
Photo by: Thinkstock Images