This Is The Reason For Your Neck Pain In Front Of Computer Screen
Do you suffer from persistent pain in the neck as you sit and work for long hours in front of computer screens? Well, the pain aggravates as you spend more and more time staring at e-readers, tablets, and smartphones.
This happens because we spend a lot of time sitting in wrong postures while using gadgets, which puts pressure on our backbone and the connecting muscles and ligaments.
You may apply heat to the affected areas, keep your movements contained, or take
1. Try to sit with both feet touching the floor : If you just follow this, it will discourage slouching more than crossing your legs or twisting them around the bottom of the chair.
2. Position your monitor : Your monitor should be about an arm's length from you, and centered in a way you look directly at the screen with your neck in a relaxed position. The top portion of the monitor should be about 2-3 inches above your eye level.
3. You can adjust chair seat and back : Try to adjust the position of the seat in a way your back gets support and your knees be no higher than your hips. You can also use a small cushion behind your lower back.
4. Position your keyboard : You shouldn't need to twist your body to type on it, so it should be centered in front of you. It should be placed close so that you can use it with your shoulders relaxed and your elbows close to your body.
5. Sit straight : It happened to each one of us that when we get involved in what we are doing, we forget our posture. Check your posture and correct your position as soon as it strikes your mind. Make a habit to sit straight.
6. Adjust your keyboard : If you've a laptop, buy a keyboard so that you can move and adjust it independently. Tilt in a way you can access it comfortably. Keep your hand in a neutral position.