Tips To Start On Twitter
Dear Lifehacker India!
I am very active on
A Twitter beginner.
Dear Twitter beginner!
From Orkut to Facebook and now Twitter and Instagram, social media never cease to broaden its horizons. However, there are some people like you who are happy and content with sharing and liking posts on Facebook, and have only a handful of tweets and followers. If you are thinking of making a switch to Twitter, here are a few tips that you might find useful.
1. Jazz up your profile a bit. That beautiful white egg is not a welcome gift from Twitter; it is the default profile pic of new users. Make your own picture as your DP so that people can see that you are a real person and not an intelligent egg who knows how to use social media.
2. Write a few words that describe your best. Remember that on twitter, no one cares to read about full sentences. Be as crisp as possible and you might earn some honest followers for that.
3. Whenever you login to Twitter, you would see a list of trending topics. You can change the location to be precise to your city and country or you can choose worldwide trends to keep an eye on. When you see a topic that is trending, don't forget to post a tweet keeping that hashtag in it. This would increase the visibility of your profile and you would gain some followers while getting to know the nitty gritty of Twitter.
4. You can find almost all the celebrities on Twitter. Some of them are humble enough to follow their followers. Also, by following the celebs, you can interact with their ardent fans. This would also keep you updated about the happenings in the daily lives of your favourite celebs.
5. Start using hashtags for making your tweets visible. These might not always be the hashtags that are trending but nonetheless you would have some followers who think similar to what you do.
6. Don't bombard your followers by tweeting anything and everything. Remember that this is social media, not the last page of your school notebook where you could do anything that you wanted. Annoying the hardly earned followers would be the last thing that you would want to do.
7. Appreciate the things that you like. This is not Facebook and you would not need to add or follow someone to initiate a conversation. Just reply and start a healthy conversation.
8. Be witty. Use your wit and sarcasm to make your tweets funny. Remember that Twitter people swear by the name of pun. Just take the name of Chandler Bing and start your journey.