The Best Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks for iOS 7
iOS 7 is jailbroken
Jailbreaking has changed a lot over the years, and the main reasons to jailbreak these days are to customize the look of iOS, fix annoyances, and add some clever new features. It's certainly not as exciting as it once was, but there's still plenty to do. If you're new to jailbreaking, check out our
guide to Cydia
Activator's the easiest way to
customize button and multitouch functionality
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for Activator to download and install it for free.
BatterySafe is one of the more clever new iOS 7 jailbreak apps. When your iPhone gets low on battery power, BatterySafe automatically turns off power-hungry features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It doesn't have a ton of customization options yet, but it's still a simple way to automate your device's settings to help save on battery life.
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for BatterySafe to download and install it for free.
BioLockdown allows you to use your iPhone 5s TouchID sensor to lock apps, restrict settings, and more. With it enabled, a fingerprint is required to enable settings or launch apps. We've talked about a
similar app before
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for BioLockDown to download and install it for $1.99.
The iOS 7 version of BiteSMS is still in beta, but it's working well enough for you to use every day. BiteSMS supercharges your messaging, allowing you to easily reply to incoming texts from anywhere in iOS, mark messages to read later, and plenty more. It's super powerful and has enough features that many people jailbreak just to use it.
Want this jailbreak app? Add the http://test-cydia.bitesms.com/ repository to Cydia and search for BiteSMS to download and install it for free.
If you want to change the font on your iOS device, BytaFont 2 is the easiest way to do it. After you install it, you can change the font in apps, on the lock screen, and more. The fonts themselves are still getting updated for iOS 7 support, but the app is up and working so you can get to
customizing your iOS device however you see fit
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for BytaFont 2 to download and install it for free.
As you might expect, the first thing jailbreak app developers went for was the new Control Center in iOS 7. A bunch of different tweaks and apps already exist to customize Control Center, but our favorite is CCControls. It has a ton of options: you can change which preference toggles appear in Control Center, what they look like, theme the look of Control Center, and more. It's also very easy to use so you don't have to spend a ton of time setting it up.
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for CCControls to download and install it for free.
If you'd rather delete things from Control Center, CCHide is the best way to do it. Just as you'd expect, CCHide allows you to remove different settings from Control Center, remove entire sections, and basically shrink down Control Center to just the options you want. It's simple, but does the job it sets out to do.
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for CCHide to download and install it for free.
iCleaner is a simple way to scan your iOS device for unnecessary files and clear up storage space on your iOS device. You can quickly delete all kinds of things that waste space, like message attachments, Safari cache, application cache, and more. It's not officially available for iOS 7 yet, but you can check out the beta right now.
Want this jailbreak app? Add the exile90software.com/cydia/beta/ repository to Cydia and search for iCleaner Pro to download and install it for free.
iFile is a file browser and management app that gives you access to every file on your jailbroken iOS device. With it, you can copy, paste, and move files around, edit text files, import files onto your iOS device, upload them, and more. Basically, iFile is Finder for your iPhone, and it's good to have it around when you need it.
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for iFile to download and install it. You'll get a free 7-day trial to check it out, and it's $4.99 after that.
The new app switcher in iOS 7 makes it so it's difficult to bulk quit apps. If you want to quit all your apps at once, Switch Spring ties that action to swiping up on your home screen when you're in the app switcher. When you do that, you're given the option to quit apps or restart the device. If you're not into the new app switcher's obnoxious way of closing apps, SwitchSpring is a must have.
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for SwitchSpring to download and install it for free.
TetherMe allows you to turn your iPhone into a personal hotspot so you can share your cell phone's internet connection with a computer or other device. Once it's installed, you'll be able to enable tethering regardless of whether you pay for the
Want this jailbreak app? Search Cydia for TetherMe to download and install it for $4.99.
The Best Minor Tweaks and Extras
- Assistant Unrestrictor : Every once in a while, Siri's servers go down and when that happens, the assistant stops working. Assistant Unrestrictor routes Siri over to Voice Control when it's unavailable, so you can at least do a few minor things like change the music track, play albums, or make a phone call.
- Bloard : Prefer the sleek dark keyboard in iOS 7 over the white one? Bloard enables it all the time.
- CyDelete : CyDelete makes it so you can delete Cydia apps just like you delete App Store apps. Just tap and hold on an app, wait for it to jiggle, and delete away.
- Fav : Fav lets you pick one application that can be immediately accessible from the home screen with a right swipe (where Spotlight used to be).
- F.lux : F.lux automatically changes your screen brightness and temperature to make it easier to read and to helps reduce eyestrain.
- MapsAllCountries : MapsAllCounties enables turn-by-turn directions in the Maps app in countries where it's not officially supported.
- Messages Customiser : Don't like the boring blue (or green) colors in the Messages app? Messages Customiser allows you to change the colors to just about whatever you want.
- Nitrous : Chrome is slower than Safari on iOS because of some Apple-imposed restrictions. Nitrous removes those restrictions and makes Chrome just as fast.
- NoNewMark : NoNewMark gets rid of the blue dot that appears on updated and new apps.
- NoSlowAnimations : As the name suggests, NoSlowAnimations seriously speeds up animations in iOS 7.
- Open In App for Photos : Open In App for Photos gives you the option to immediately share photos from the Photos app to any app that supports image import (like Dropbox, QuickOffice, Skitch, etc).
- Swipey : Swipey is an app launcher that works from your lock screen. All you need to do is swipe left and your favorite apps appear for launching.
- TapTodaysCalendar : Ever tried to tap the date in Notification Center thinking that it'd take you to the calendar app? For some bizarre reason, it doesn't work, but TapTodaysCalendar makes it so it does.
We couldn't cover every single jailbreak app and tweak we love, and some, like