Make-up Tips For Humid Weather
- After cleansing your face, rub an ice cube for about 10 to 15 minutes. This trick will lower the sweating rate so that your make-up stays on for much longer period.
- Bright lips are quite the hype this season, and they are pretty easy to retouch and maintain throughout the day. Also, they will give you a fresh look.
- Refrain from using too much foundation; instead, use a powdery foundation only sparingly just so much that is necessary to remove the grease off your face and nose, or a light-coverage-long-lasting foundation.
- Use a powder blush and keep it natural. Dusty pinks and peaches look great. Do not use shimmer.
- Avoid heavy smokey eyes. Go for matt colours, which are more long-lasting. Also, since creams can melt off the face, stick to powder formulas. Think sheer and pastel. Shades of brown, pink and beige are just right for easy maintenance. For lashes, the best is waterproof mascara. If you wear false lashes, then you must buy waterproof glue.
- Do not use the eyebrow pencil; try to use an eyebrow gel to hold the hair in place.
(Inputs by Fanny Aubin, make-up artist, Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa, India.)