8 Other Ways to Use a Magnetic Knife Holder
Magnetic knife holders are a great way to keep your knives at the ready, sure, but they're also useful for keeping other household items organized and easy to grab. (That is, provided they're a good amount of metal in them, such as drill bits or paperclips.) Below, other strategies for putting a magnetic knife strip to use in your bathroom, office, workshop, and
- Office supplies : Hang your scissors and gather spare paperclips and binder clips.
- Paint brushes : Especially useful if you have freshly washed brushes that you need to dry.
- Toolkit : Keep your drill bits, pliers, saw, and more in an easy-to-see display.
- Under cabinet or counter storage: For corralling things like keys and spice jars with metallic lids.
- Makeup brushes : Easy to grab which one you need. Also useful for drying your brushes in the shape they should be in (make sure to hang with brush end pointing down). Of course, this only works if your brushes have enough metal on them, although you could always glue on a small magnet or attach something metallic to the handle.
- Bathroom odds and ends : Keep your counters clear of bobby pins, hair clips, nail clippers and more.
- Large kitchen utensils : Ladles and other serving utensils no longer have to awkwardly take up room in a drawer.
- Store pot lids and food processor blades : Your cabinets will be neater and you won't have to search to find the right lid or risk cutting yourself on a stray food processor blade.
Have you put a magnetic knife holder to good use in your home? Share in the discussion below so other people can learn from your tips!