Google Maps Adds Better Navigation, Offline Maps, and Tons More
Android/iOS: Google updated its Maps app with a ton of new features today, including improved navigation, saved locations, better places search, and even Uber integration.
Google runs down the features in more detail on their blog, but here's a short list of what's new:
- Turn-by-turn navigation now tells you what lane you should be in so you don't miss your exit, as well as a better view of alternate routes, distance, and your ETA.
- Google now lets you download maps for offline use in a simpler fashion-just find an area, tap on its info sheet, and tap "Save Map to Use Offline."
- Google syncs your offline maps and saved locations across devices, as long as you're signed in to your Google account.
- Transit directions now show you the total walking time as well as the next departing train.
- You can now filter places results by open hours, rating, price, and other factors.
- If you have Uber installed, it will show up as an option in transit and walking directions, so you can decide whether a cab is a better choice.
Read more about the new features at Google's Lat Long blog below, or head to the App Store and Google Play to download the update.
Get On the Road, Go Off the Grid, or Plan the Perfect Weekend with the New Google Maps App | Google Lat Long Blog