How to Bust Myths, With MythBusters Hosts Brian Louden and Jon Lung
In this episode we talk movie myths, DIY disasters, and what it takes to troubleshoot a rocket-powered sword with
, debuting Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 9pm. The seminal science show about disproving (and then destroying) urban legends is back, and its new hosts are ready to weld, behead, and even chainsaw their way to the truth behind the rumors at the heart of every myth.
Discussed in This Episode:
- What exactly constitutes a myth?
- How Brian and Jon prepared for a career in busting myths
- What you do (and how it smells) on a body farm
- How to paint with explosives
- The growth of science-friendly YouTube channels
- The team behind the duo
- The best tool for the job is usually 32 tools in one
- Your teeth might be giving you a headache
- The difference between a real cadaver and a synthetic one
- Anything can be a hammer
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we've made in our own lives. This week we talked about giant quiches, starting fresh with a new phone, becoming "knifebros," and finding just the right cup o' joe.
Want to Say Hello?
Maybe you have a question for us. Maybe you just want to say hi. Whatever it is, we're here for you:
- Call (347) 687-8109 and leave us a voice mail. We love voice mails!
- Email your question/comment to email@example.com .
We look forward to hearing from you!